(Online) In My Own Backyard - Human Trafficking, Sextortion and Online Threats to Children -Full Day, Online
Time & Location
About the event
Human Trafficking is not just occuring in other parts of the world, it's right here in the United States in local urban and rural communities. And because of social media, it can literally be in your own backyard. Learn about the dynamics of human trafficking and other forms of child sexual exploitation and how traffickers and predators find and exploit their victim's vulnerabilities. Learn who is most at risk, how to recognize the signs that a child; possibly even your own, may be trafficked right in your own backyard...... and how to make reports to appropriate authorities.
- Learners will gain an understanding of human trafficking and child sexual exploitation globally and locally and will be able to identify minority, high at-risk populations and their vulnerabilities traffickers exploit to lure victims.
- Learners will understand the need for improved access to resources for certain at-risk populations.
- Learners will know the definition of sextortion and the need for improved laws and policies regarding sextortion and other types of child exploitation.
- Learners will be able to identify ways a child can be exploited online and find resources for protecting children and educating parnets.
- Learners will gain knowledge of signs a child may be a victim of trafficking or other forms of child sexual exploitation and know how to make appropriate mandated reports.
- Last learners will understand the ethical responsibility and importance of self care when working with this population.
This training has been approved by the MBOE for Social Work Continuing Education: 3 general hours, 1.75 diversity hours, 1.25 ethics hour = 6 total hours
Certificates will be emailed to participants after the training.
- Early Bird - Ends Sept 29$59.99+$1.50 Service fee$59.99+$1.50 Service fee0$0
- Student$49.99+$1.25 Service fee$49.99+$1.25 Service fee0$0